Giant Crochet Mooncalf
In a KNUTshell
- The supergiant Mooncalf is approximately 34cm tall.
- Their body, arms and legs were crocheted in (vegan) grey BErnst blanket yarn.
- Their manes are embroidered on with dark grey Sirdar alpine faux fur yarn.
- Their 50mm cerulean blue eyes are hand-painted and attached safety backs.
- Each Mooncalf will come with a custom book-page badge, as seen in photos.
- They are stuffed with recycled polyester filling.
- Crochet beasties are made to order, so please allow 4-6 weeks from the point of adoption, before they will be ready to fly free.
It’s no secret that I have a SPEWcial place in my heart for these big-eyes beasties and - judging by the fact that they’re my most popular crochet beastie - it seems I’m not the only one! So how do I make this love even bigger? Make the beastie bigger!
What's more, after seeing many crocheters on the clock app using blanket (chenille) yarn to crochet supersize creatures, I couldn’t stop imagining what would happen if I gave my Mooncalf pattern the “blanket yarn” treatment.
Every single supersize mooncalf adopted will also come with their own adoption card and "beastie book badge", which I make from the secondhand pages of Harry Potter books. Before your beastie flies off to you, I will ask if you have a name in mind and - if so - put this onto the adoption card. On that note, this name will often form the basis for the book badge too; for example, past customers have called Mooncalves Luna and Moony, so I have chosen passages with these words included!
My makes are inspired by the Wizarding World, but are unlicensed and have no affiliation with Warner Bros/JK Rowling.