Limited edition Giant Mooncalf
In a KNUTshell
- This limited edition giant mooncalf is 30cm tall.
- Their body, arms and legs were crocheted in (vegan) grey Stylecraft superchunky yarn. The yarn has been brushed to make it extra soft.
- Their manes are embroidered on with dark grey faux fur yarn.
- Their cerulean blue 40mm eyes are hand-painted and attached safety backs.
- Each Mooncalf will come with a custom book-page badge, as seen in photos.
- They are stuffed with recycled polyester filling.
- Crochet beasties are made to order, so please allow 4-6 weeks from the point of adoption, before they will be ready to fly free.
It’s no secret that I have a SPEWcial place in my heart for these big-eyes beasties and - judging by the fact that they’re my most popular crochet beastie - it seems I’m not the only one! So how do I make this love even bigger? Make the beastie bigger!
I decided to try using the superchunky variety of my normal mooncalf yarn, and upsize the eyes by a whole centimetre from my adult mooncalves. However, i found that the sheer thickness of the yarn made it quite frizzy when crocheted up, so inspiration struck and I decided to take advantage of this, using a pet comb to make it truly soft and fuzzy! I
I am still unsure whether or not to make this mooncalf a 'keeper' moving forwards, so I have decided to make them a one-off for now. I hope they can find a loving home!
Every mooncalf adopted will come with their own adoption card and "beastie book badge", which I make from the secondhand pages of Harry Potter books. Before your beastie flies off to you, I will ask if you have a name in mind and - if so - put this onto the adoption card. On that note, this name will often form the basis for the book badge too; for example, past customers have called Mooncalves Luna and Moony, so I have chosen passages with these words included!
My makes are inspired by the Wizarding World, but are unlicensed and have no affiliation with Warner Bros/JK Rowling.