Double Trouble Twin Puffs
In a KNUTshell
- Baby Weasley Puffs are approx. 5x5x7cm; Adults are 8x8x9cm (as seen in photos); Giants are 11x11x12cm.
- Both Purple (Fred) and Orange (George) are crocheted in Scheepjes 'Furry Tales' yarn. Their heads/ears/paws are crocheted in White cotton-mix DK yarn. Both yarns are vegan.
- Their sparkly eyes are hand-painted in a contrasting colour to their fur (orange for Fred and purple for George!) The thread for their embroidered noses and the ear fluff also contrast.
- Their fur is brushed out with a pet comb to make it extra soft and fluffy.
- Each Pygmy Puff comes with a custom book-page badge, as seen in photos. Individual Puffs will come with a mini heart or star badge, while a set a two puffs will come with a special "sweet shaped" jumbo badge.
- They are stuffed with eco-friendly cotton fibre fill.
- Crochet beasties are made to order, so please allow 4-6 weeks from the point of adoption, before they will be ready to fly free
- While all my beasties are made with love and care, they are not CE-tested, so are not intended as toys for young children
Welcome to PYGMY PUFF PLANET! Pixar can keep their pizza, because you will not find a fluffier friend on all planet earth (except perhaps the Nifflers...) Who doesn't love a pygmy puff? I know I do, but the reasons for this are not purely aesthetic. They hold a deeply personal meaning for me in why I originally made them.
As I share in my Small Business Story, I began crocheting during one of the darkest periods of my life - while receiving treatment for my mental health - and decided to crochet a Pygmy Puff as a stress ball/ mealtime companion. Several fellow patients fell in love with them, not just for their cute appearance but also their sensory qualities, so I quickly created a whole Poffle.
After designing my House Puffs in 2019 and creating an ever-growing range of Character Puffs in the last 2 years (from Pygbees to Puffcorns), I decided to add some Weasley mischief to the mix! In my headcanon, these boxing-day crooners like to channel their inner Mischief Maker and - just like Gred and Forge in book one - sing from an entirely different hymn sheet to everyone else!
The Design Story
You can read the original Pygmy Puff design story here, so this section will be entirely dedicated to the unique tail of the twins! I have wanted to make "Weasley Twin" Puffs as far back as April 2020, when I raised some sickles for "Feed NHS" with my Weasley Twin scarves.
The one slight issue was... I didn't have the yarn! I knew that the "furry tales" range had a purple shade, but as far as I was aware there was no orange - at least, I didn't think there was. You see, on all the websites their "sly fox" range looks siriusly red. It wasn't until I ordered it for another project (Remembrall Puff) that it arrived and turned out to be... yes, you guessed it, ORANGE!
On that note, I decided that - far from being a mistake - it was meant to bee. The Weasley Twin beasties could officially fly free, in all their faux fur goodness! I was contemplating using another yarn - the Sirdar 'Touch' yarn - but as it is more 'fluffy' than 'faux fur' I knew it could never be as magical. I am an unashamed yarn snob and nothing quite compares to 'Furry Tales' - even the name is a keeper!
Now that I had the yarn, I turned to the face details - the diamond is always in the detail! To shake things up a bit, in true F&G fashion, I decided to use the contrasting colour to their fur. Aka, orange accents for Purple Fred and purple accents for Orange George! The slight problem is that I couldn't find a sparkly purple nail polish for Fred's eyes, so I ended up mixing my pink and blue to make the magic happen - this step possibly took longer than all the crocheting put together, but I solemnly swear it was worth it.
I am so happy with how they came out, right down to the contrasting fluff for their tiny ears. For me, it's always those tiny little details that truly bring them to life, and make me one proud Mother of Beasties!
As with all other Spew Crew beasties, each pygmy puff is handmade to my own pattern, so is 100% exclusive to Bumble and Be. As they are made-to-order, it means that no two will be quite the same, but I like to think that is part of their magic - just like an Ollivander wand!
Every single House Puff adopted will also come with their own exclusive adoption card and "beastie book badge", which I make from the secondhand pages of Harry Potter books. Before your beastie flies off to you, I will ask if you have a name in mind and - if so - put this onto the adoption card.
MY BEASTIES are inspired by the Wizarding World, but have no affiliation with JK Rowling/Warner Brothers.