Crochet Supergiant Mooncalf
In a KNUTshell
- Baby mooncalves are approximately 18cm tall. Adult mooncalves are 22cm tall.
- Their body, arms and legs were crocheted in (vegan) grey Stylecraft Aran or Chunky yarn.
- Their manes are embroidered on with dark grey faux fur yarn.
- Their cerulean blue eyes are hand-painted and attached safety backs.
- Each Mooncalf will come with a custom book-page badge, as seen in photos.
- They are stuffed with recycled polyester filling.
- Crochet beasties are made to order, so please allow 4-6 weeks from the point of adoption, before they will be ready to fly free.
It’s no secret that I have a SPEWcial place in my heart for these big-eyes beasties and - judging by the fact that they’re my most popular crochet beastie - it seems I’m not the only one! So how do I make this love even bigger? Make the beastie bigger!
What's more, after seeing many crocheters on the clock app using blanket (chenille) yarn to crochet supersize creatures, I couldn’t stop imagining what would happen if I gave my Mooncalf pattern the “blanket yarn” treatment. I won't lie, it was incredibly time consuming with this yarn, so for now there are only two of their kind in the world, complete with 50mm wide eyes!
Every single supersize mooncalf adopted will also come with their own adoption card and "beastie book badge", which I make from the secondhand pages of Harry Potter books. Before your beastie flies off to you, I will ask if you have a name in mind and - if so - put this onto the adoption card. On that note, this name will often form the basis for the book badge too; for example, past customers have called Mooncalves Luna and Moony, so I have chosen passages with these words included!
My makes are inspired by the Wizarding World, but are unlicensed and have no affiliation with Warner Bros/JK Rowling.