Supergiant Crochet Moonicorn
In a KNUTshell
- Supergiant Moonicorns are approximately 38cm tall.
- Their body, arms and legs were crocheted in (vegan) white marrinier blanket yarn.
- Their manes are embroidered with Scheepjes furry tales yarn in shade “unicorn”.
- Their 50mm sparkly pink eyes are hand-painted and attached safety backs.
- Each MMoonicorn will come with a custom book-page badge, as seen in photos.
- They are stuffed with recycled polyester filling.
- Crochet beasties are made to order, so please allow 4-6 weeks from the point of adoption, before they will be ready to fly free.
It’s no secret that I have a SPEWcial place in my heart for the big-eyes Mooncalf, and unicorns have also made my soul smile thanks to despicable me’s Agnes.. and so in 2021, the Moonicorn came to be! I never expected so many people to love her (in truth, it was an excuse to use more despicable me quotes in my captions!) yet by some miracle they did. So when I began to create “supergiant” beasties with blanket yarn, a supergiant Moonicorn called out to me like Moana and the sea! I knew it was meant to bee.
The Design Story
My Moonicorn has been a true labour of love. I used the same yarn as my house elf socks for her horn/inner ears and also switched the black embroidery thread if my standard Mooncalf mouths to silver, for an extra sprinkle of magic.
For her eyes, I use the same Barry M Cosmetics Molten Metal nail polish as my standard mooncalves, only this time in the pink/purple shade “pins luxe.” As with the cerulean blue of their grey coh sins, it has the magical ability to shift colour in different lights and bring so much life to them!
Finally, I used the same unicorn yarn as my Puffcorn for her mane, which changes colour from purple to pink. You can read mmore about my original Mooncalf de sign story here.
As with all other Spew Crew beasties, each moonicorn is handmade to my own pattern, so is 100% exclusive to Bumble and Be. As they are made-to-order, it means that no two will be quite the same, but I like to think that is part of their magic - just like an Ollivander wand!
Every single moonicorn adopted will also come with their own exclusive adoption card and "beastie book badge", which I make from the secondhand pages of Harry Potter books. Before your beastie flies off to you, I will ask if you have a name in mind and - if so - put this onto the adoption card. On that note, this name will often form the basis for the book badge too; for example, past customers have called Moonicorns Luna and Star, so I have chosen passages with these words included!
My makes are inspired by the Wizarding World, but are unlicensed and have no affiliation with Warner Bros/JK Rowling.